This was originally posted here. But as promised, I have added an easily accessible 101 in 1,001 page so that anyone who wants to can easily check on my progress. Anything with a line through it has been accomplished!
I am participating in Day Zero Project’s 101 things in 1,001 days. This challenge is all about setting 101 goals and finishing them in 1,001 days. It is a happy medium between a to-do list and a bucket list. Bucket lists are great. In fact, I have one. The only problem with them is there is no deadline (except your death) to try to accomplish these goals by. This helps you to better keep track of what you are accomplishing and/or experiencing.
When I saw other bloggers doing this I had to join in! I’ve always loved making lists (you can ask my Mom) so this is right up my alley. If you want to see other 101 in 1,001 posts, check out Brave Love Blog and Mackenzie Horan.
Why 1,001 days you ask? 1,001 days equals out to about 2.75 years. This allows you to set long term goals with a deadline.
It was difficult to come up with 101 things! I have way more items than that on my bucket list, but this was about finding 101 things that I could realistically accomplish in 1,001 days. I tried to make sure at least most of my goals are SMART goals, which means they are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and time-related. Look up SMART goals if you aren’t familiar with that term. It will help you be more successful in your goal setting.
Everyone’s goals will differ. It depends on what season of life you’re in, what your interests are, etc. Reading 140 books in 1,001 days might seem crazy to you if you don’t like to read, while others might read that many books in a year. (I know these people are out there. I work at a library.) Some of my goals might seem to overlap. Some of them are new experiences and some are things I would like to do again.
I hope you enjoy reading my list and maybe it will inspire you to make your own.
Start Date: November 19, 2015
End Date: August 16, 2018
Personal & Just for Fun
1. Finish reading the Bible all the way through. (I’m already over halfway done with this one.)
2. Memorize 100 Bible verses. (0/100)
3. Participate in a Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
4. Become debt free. (This is a work in progress…)
5. Donate blood. (again)
6. Go 1 month without eating out.
7. Volunteer for something I’m passionate about.
8. Better organize all my photos and back them up in 2 places. (I live in fear of losing all of them.)
Go 1 month without Starbucks. (This is a real problem.) (I didn’t have Starbucks January 2 – February 4, 2016)
10. Write in my one sentence journal every day for a year. (Started this January 2017.)
11. Give 12 “just because” gifts. (0/12)
12. Host a murder mystery dinner.
13. Make a time capsule to be opened at a set date in the future.
14. Sky dive.
15. Go hiking with Jon. (July 2017)
Host a friendsgiving. (November 2015)
17. Try 5 new restaurants in Nashville or Memphis. (4/5) (Puckett’s Boathouse, Martin’s BBQ, Ted’s Montana Grill, Mission BBQ)
18. Go white water rafting.
19. Try 20 new recipes. (12/20)
20. Create a photo album of photos from 2015.
21. Create a photo album of photos from 2016.
22. Create a photo album of photos from 2017.
23. Get professional photos taken with Jon & the dogs.
24. Complete a 365 day photo challenge.
25. Create a book with the photos from the 365 day photo challenge.
Complete Draw the Circle: The 40 Day Prayer Challenge. (December 2015)
27. Send 50 notes or cards. (0/50)
Better organize all of our important documents, receipts, etc. (May 2016)
29. Go geocaching. (again)
30. Buy produce from the farmer’s market.
Complete a project I’m working on. (Surprised Jonathon’s siblings with a gift, December 2016)
32. Finish furnishing and decorating at least 3 rooms in our house. (0/3)
33. Do a DNA test on Sherlock to see if he’s a Plott Hound.
34. Try bullet journaling for 6 months to see if I like it.
35. Do 10 more escape rooms. (One of my favorite things to do) (3/10)
36. Buy a bookcase big enough to fit all of my books.
37. Go zip lining. (again)
38. “Pay it forward” in drive-thrus 5 times. (2/5)
39. Save x amount of money. (I’ll keep the amount to myself.)
40. Watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy. (0/3)
41. Get an address book and put important addresses in it. (January 2017)
Watch every episode of Friends. (Completed May 2016–this is now one of my favorite shows)
43. Send someone a care package.
44. Watch all of the Rodgers and Hammerstein musicals.
Travel & Events
Return to Europe. (July 2016 — went to London & Paris)
46. Return to Hawaii.
47. Visit 2 new states. (1/2) (Went to Illinois May 2016)
48. Visit 2 new U.S. cities. (1/2) (Went to Chicago May 2016)
49. Go to Harry Potter World.
50. Go to a St. Louis Cardinals playoff game.
51. Go to the SEC basketball tournament.
52. Visit 2 theme parks for the first time. (1/2) (Went to Disneyland Paris July 2016)
53. Go to a Spurs game in San Antonio.
54. Visit 2 SEC stadiums for the first time. (1/2) (Vanderbilt, November 2016)
55. Go to 5 Vols football games. (2/5) (Vols vs. Missouri and Vols vs. Vandy, November 2016)
56. Go to a Titans game.
57. Go to a Nashville Predators game.
Return to NYC. (December 2015)
59. Go to a NCAA basketball tournament game.
Return to Disney World. (May 2017)
61. Go to Blizzard Beach at Disney World.
Go somewhere for our 2nd anniversary – May 2016. (Went to Chicago.)
Go somewhere for our 3rd anniversary – May 2017. (Went to Disney World.)
64. Go somewhere for our 4th anniversary – May 2018. (These anniversary trips might be some of the destinations listed above.)
Go to a concert. (Needtobreathe, September 2016, Relient K/Switchfoot, November 2016,)
66. Complete 20 more items from the 1,000 Places to See in the United States & Canada Before You Die book. (3/20) (Chicago-style pizza, the Magnificent Mile, Millenium Park)
67. Attend a Broadway show I haven’t seen before.
68. Read 52 books in 2016. (48/52) (Didn’t quite reach this goal.)
69. Read 52 books in 2017. (29/52)
70. Read 140 books in 1,001 days. (80/140) (Somewhat overlaps with previous goal, but oh well.)
71. Read 12 classics. (4/12)
72. Read the Chronicles of Narnia series. (0/7)
73. Read The Lord of the Rings trilogy. (2/3)
74. Read 50 books that I already own. (31/50) ( I have a bookshelf full of books I haven’t read yet.)
75. Read all of the Sherlock Holmes novels and short story collections by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. (1/8)
76. Read everything by Robin Jones Gunn. (She was one of my favorite authors as a teenager.) (31/60)
Read 20 nonfiction books. (22/20) (May 2017)
Finish a book in 24 hours. (Come Home by Lisa Scottoline during a long travel day from Paris.)
79. Read the Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery. (0/8)
80. Read the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan. (0/5)
81. Read the Lorien Legacies series by Pittacus Lore. (0/6)
82. Read every day of a devotional book. (This one is in progress…)
83. Form a better habit of working out. (At least 3 workouts per week….this needs to happen consistently for 6 months or more before I will check this one off the list.) (Started the week of June 25, 2017)
84. Go to the gym 5 times per week for one month. (Started July 31, 2017)
85. Complete a 5k in under 30 minutes.
86. Complete a 10k in under 1 hour.
87. Complete a half marathon.
88. Complete 10 races. (3/10) (Ragnar Trail Relay in Atlanta, Coca Cola 10k, & Castaway Cay 5k)
Complete the Whole30. (January 2016)
90. Reach my goal weight.
91. Try 3 new exercise classes. (0/3)
92. Be able to do a pull-up. (Apparently, I have no upper body strength.)
93. Do another Advocare cleanse.
94. Attend a blogger event/conference.
95. Buy a new camera.
96. Buy photoshop and take Blogshop.
97. Continue to blog 3 days per week on average. (I have failed at this.)
98. Blog 3 DIY Pinterest projects. (0/3)
99. Post a vlog.
100. Participate in Blog-tember (a challenge by Brave Love Blog) in 2016. (September 2016)
101. Add a “Pin It” button to my images.
18/101 are completely finished.
This was last updated August 15, 2017.